Monday, October 27, 2014

One Last Exterior?

Late in the year, hard to find nice days for painting and even harder to post on the blog. Many jobs completed over the last couple months. Will add more soon. We squeezed this garage in last week.

Had a lot of scraping and repair before hand.

But a nice result and another happy customer.


Friday, August 15, 2014

Another Porch Painted in Lovely Munhall

This old house in Munhall had a porch in need of painting.

Ceiling had lots of pealing paint.....

steps showing wear....

railings and spindles too.

We recommended the railings and spindles be the same color Onyx and the ceiling, floor and steps all the same Dove Grey.

Both the owner and Hendersonworks were pleased with the outcome.


Friday, August 1, 2014

Interior Painting in Hermitage

Well yes we still do interior painting.

This beauty was in lovely Hermitage PA and was a joy to paint.

There was some wall work completed on the upper balcony area so two coats were needed to cover the new drywall. Otherwise Roll and cut was all she needed.

Oh yeah, help replace the huge ugly brass and lead glass light with the swell stained class one.

We used Sherwin Williams Duration and cut with a Purdy 2 inch Nylox angled brush.

Lots of nooks and crannies needed our attention. Don't know about you, I love having a brush in my hand.


Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Decks, Porches, Posts and Railings. Let The Good Times Roll!

Still playing catch up. Did this one back on May and just getting it up now.

As you can see the deck had multiple layers and was peeling a good bit.

The railings were already removed and we got right to sanding off the old layers with an industrial strength drum sander.

The wood under all the old paint and stain was solid so no repairs were needed and the new stain went on smoothly.

Once all was removed a nice coat of Benjamin Moore Arborcoat Solid Stain was applied.

Porch and posts all painted....

And here we have the new railings in place and everything ready for a relaxing summer.

Let us know if we can help you relax this summer!


Saturday, July 19, 2014

Landscaping and Porch Painting Again!

Here's a few before and after shots of a nice little place over in Bethel Park that needed a bit of help from Hendersonworks.

Shrubs were removed and mulched then the railings and rest of porch were scraped, sanded and prepped for painting.

The posts, wall, ceiling and front door were all given a fresh coat of PPG Manor Hall paint.

Now they have a great spot to sit and enjoy an evening cup of tea.


Sunday, July 13, 2014

Deck Refurbishing in Bethel Park

Well many projects have been transpiring so I need to get caught up here on the blog. The most recent accomplishment was a deck rehab project. The wood was in need of a great deal of TLC so many hours of sanding was needed to get to the final post card picture you see here.

Things looked like this after all the sanding was done. If I can find a few before images I'll add them to the post later.

The upper deck actually needed a bit of patchwork. With some wood hardener, wood patch and decking screws we had it back in shape!

The lower and under side of things.

It wasn't pretty

Using Benjamin Moore Arborcoat Solid Stain, we blasted away at all the railings and rungs getting a swell result.

The floor boards and stairs received a heavy brush coating for wear and tear.

The underside was also sprayed to help in preserving the wood.

Fantastic project and happy sustomer!


Monday, June 30, 2014

HendersonWorks Paper Flower Factory

We don't just paint, remodel, restore and do custom automotive graphics.  Here we'll give a brief glimpse of the "HendersonWorks Paper Flower Factory".

Well the Henderson's recently added a Son-in-Law and there were plenty of things happening beforehand. One that received rave reviews was the bouquets of paper flowers.

The three Henderson ladies got together on a weekly basis to create many wonderful things for the wedding. The flowers were an undertaking of determination and love.

Let's gain a little insight into this endeavor....

The "Rose" started with three petal patterns cut from coffee filters and wound individually with floral wire and tape.

Rachael then did the dipping into the pink paint

and blew them dry.

Here Shari is painstakingly separating the petals and curling them.

Sarah took the rose and applied additional coloring to the edges.
It was a slightly darker pink to give a "real" feel to each petal.

And after dry time they had a beautiful rose!